Atlanta Outdoor Repiping
From the water meter to the house, we’re the complete Atlanta Outdoor Repiping expert for the job!
Polybutylene Pipe Replacement
- The average home with a line less than 150 feet takes 4-6 hours.
- Many water lines can be replaced on the same day if called in early or a temporary water service can be installed.
- We recommend copper tubing for all replacements which are on city water and that are not over 400 feet long (copper tubing starts to get expensive in large diameters). We also install plastic tubing with utility grade brass connectors for economy installations and long distance applications. Plastic tubing is also available for properties serviced by well water.
- Driveways, gardens, and sidewalks can be tunneled under during replacement up to 40 feet. Some replacements can be done with only a small hole at the meter and a small hole at the entrance to the building. Custom installations are common to accommodate landscaping, utilities, retaining walls and other many unique situations. In general, the old polybutylene pipe is left buried underground and the simplest most direct path is followed.
- The most common methods of installation are trenching, plowing and splitting. We almost always recommend the open trench method to insure that rocks, roots, shallow depth, deforming the new pipe and other problems are avoided. Some applications and soil types are suitable for plowing and pipe splitting. Normal trench width is 5″ and can be repaired immediately by a landscaper or allowed to settle naturally within a few weeks time.